05 May, 2015

Sacred relics of Buddha - How close can you get to God?

How close can you get to God? The answer to this question can depend who is answering this question. It has been always been philosophical subject for me to know about God. I have asked this question to my mother when I was a kid and to myself when I grew up. I am not an atheist and believe in god. My belief in god has been a feeling very close to my heart and has given me strength to me in life. But closest I could get to god in physical sense in my life was when I visited any Hindu temple being a Hindu. I am writing this to share my experience of my visit to National Museum in New Delhi. I had not expected it to be a divine experience. I have a fondness for museums but have never gone to one to seek any godly encounter. This visit to National Museum changed my perspective towards Museums. Let me give you more details what I am talking about. It is my visit to National Museum specifically to the Buddhist Art Gallery. It turned out to be a spiritual Journey as it has sacred relics of the Gautam Buddha unearthed from Piprehwa, Distt. Sidharth Nagar in U.P India. The gallery also has other Artifacts (according to the museum website it has - outstanding specimens of Buddhist Art as a global movement, is illustrated through 84 exhibits in stone, bronze, terracotta, stucco, wooden sculptures and painted) Now why do I say it is a spiritual experience? Because Buddha is generally included as an avatar of Vishnu in Hinduism.  Buddha was declared an avatar of Vishnu in several Puranas. So looking at something so closely can get you a feeling of getting close to god. Even if you find this a exaggeration but I am sure you will feel different being so close to sacred relics of the Gautam Buddha. You can look to them very closely take photos so this is a must visit which I will recommend to anyone who is in Delhi.       





Test post 1

 gggggggggggggggggg